MSN Virus going around!

A home for those technical problems.
Bugzy
Emerald Rider

Post by Bugzy »

Ankh Morpork wrote:But that one was easy to spot as it was way too unbelivable to be true :)

/Ankh
I love u 2 :satyn1:
Bard - ML 8 - RR4Lx - 33/37/43
Vampiir - ML 1 - RR3Lx - 38/32/43

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

HappyG wrote:I never understood why people quit ICQ and started with MSN. Lack of offline messaging and uber "invisible" mode, still annoy me :(

never understood why all people complain so much about MSN I have never had any problem with it ^^ maby I have just been lucky ;P

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

HappyG wrote:I never understood why people quit ICQ and started with MSN. Lack of offline messaging and uber "invisible" mode, still annoy me :(
Personally I got fed up of gay egyptian men messaging me for chat completely out the blue even when random chat was definetely turned off :p That and the one an hour spam message, although I did manage to cut that right down playing around with ICQ's spam filter options.

I stopped liking ICQ when every dialog was smothered in ads too, of course you can remove them but it's a pain. That said, MSN is heading annoyingly the way of the ad spam now too so there's not much in it. I think one of ICQs biggest problems is that it just 'feels' old and outdated, the normal client hasn't had any real work in years and only this ugly new light client or whatever it is is actively worked on. The standard ICQ client needs a complete revamp - update it to make use of newer Windows UI styles such as in vista, update it security-wise, ICQ was always a little flawed in that area, in that it's too easy to anonymously message and spam people and finally, update all the little things like the emotes to look a bit better.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Xest wrote:Personally I got fed up of gay egyptian men messaging me for chat completely out the blue even when random chat was definetely turned off :p
But isnt that how you met your current bf?

And yeah, I agree on the silly adds and stuff :(

I used to like icq, nowadays its just anoying.

/Ankh

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

I got to know happyg over ICQ so its always gona have a very sentiment thing to it for me ;) but i'm sticking to msn for the time being ... not that i turn it on so much anymore unless I need to nag to Xest about something ;)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Elrandhir wrote:never understood why all people complain so much about MSN I have never had any problem with it ^^ maby I have just been lucky ]
Xest wrote:ICQ was always a little flawed in that area, in that it's too easy to anonymously message and spam people and finally, update all the little things like the emotes to look a bit better.
Ye well basicly I miss old "invisible" mode ICQ had, with which I was appearing offline to all the annoying people that think they just had to say "hello" when they see you online and than chat with you about the weather or something unimportant. Yeh, MSN has invisible mode aswell, but when youre in it, you cannot chat with users you actualy need to, so its practicly useless.
Second thing is, many times you have to leave a short notice to someone which isn't online, and you cant do this with MSN, you get that bloddy "send email to blahblah@hotmail.com dialog, and sending emails to adresses people don't really use is pointless).
Security wise, you could communicate via ICQ server therefore hiding your IP address, while you can only communicate peer-to-peer with ICQ.
Anyway, ICQ wasnt perfect, and comercials certainly caused its downfall, but than MSN became no.1 because we were raped with (almost) unremovable windows messenger. Oh and people with MSN Plus annoy me at most, they are trying to send me some fag flash animations and sounds all the time, and all I get is that strange @€^&#728]Smiley!!]^^˘ messages :)
Satyn wrote:I got to know happyg over ICQ so its always gona have a very sentiment thing to it for me ] :treeee:
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Jeez all this complaints about spam on icq, I don't get spammed !

It's always turned on + I am not invisible.

That said, my icq account is like 5 years old.

Maybe the newly registered accounts get bugbois all over them :<

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

hmm... get like a spam message once a year or so on ICQ... dono what u all are doing to get so many? dono how old my icq acc is but my guess is like 8-9 years or so
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

stands for

i seek you

stalker!!

i used it :p got rid of it for personal reasons
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Overdue

Post by Overdue »

I don't remember my ICQ number or password now, it began with a 5!

Had too many people on it anyway to be honest.
Devera the 10th Season Thunderer Blademaster
Gori the 8th Season Silver Hand Bard
Deify the 9th Season Flammen Vakten Spiritmaster

Retired

Return to “Tech Help”